The post holder will be a member of the student administration team led by the Programme Managers. The Student administration team is responsible for the delivery of a high quality administrative service and student experience for the Department’s taught undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
The post holder will be expected to undertake the following duties, liaising with the academic and professional services staff as necessary in order to ensure that the Department’s and College’s requirements are met.
- First point of contact for students on all programmes within the Student Administration Office in person and by email. Includes shared management of the general student enquiry email account;
- Support the preparation and delivery of UG/PG induction events within the Department and throughout the induction period by assisting with keep warm information, updating and disseminating information to part time students, confirming student course selections/changes and providing support to students;
- Liaise with course tutors and ensure course Moodle pages (UCL’s Virtual Learning Environment) are correct and up-to-date;
- Manage student assessment across all programmes
- To provide reception cover during periods of staff leave and during busy periods;
- To assist with Departmental events such as Open Days or Alumni events;
- To make day-to-day updates to web material using the Department’s CMS as required;
- To support the Programmes Manager(s) in other aspects of the teaching administration as required;
- To be familiar with the structure and content of the Department’s teaching programmes and relevant policy and procedure and to keep up to date with policy changes;
- To continue to develop skills and knowledge in work practices, policies and procedures;
- To actively follow UCL policies including Equal Opportunities policies;
- To maintain awareness and observation of Fire and Health & Safety Regulations;
- To carry out other duties commensurate with the grade and purpose of the post.
£ Grade 6